Features and Technology of PCB Assembly Manufacturing SMT
Introduction of SMT
SMT is short for Surface mount technology. It is an assembly technology that directly solders components to a specified position on the surface of the PCB without drilling insertion holes in the PCB.
I. Features of SMT
From the above definition, we know that SMT is developed from the traditional THT technology, but it is different from the traditional THT. So, what are the advantages of SMT compared with THT? The following are its most prominent advantages:
1. High assembly density, small size and light weight of electronic products. The volume and weight of SMD components are only about 1/10 of that of traditional plug-in components. Generally, after SMT is adopted, the volume of electronic products is reduced by 40% to 60%, and the weight is reduced by 60%. %~80%.
2. High reliability and strong anti-vibration ability. The defect rate of solder joints is low.
3. Good high frequency characteristics. Reduce electromagnetic and radio frequency interference.
4. It is easy to realize automation and improve production efficiency.
5. Reduce costs by 30%~50%. Save materials, energy, equipment, manpower, time, etc.
II. The use of surface mount technology (SMT) is a trend in the electronics industry
We know the advantages of SMT, we must use these advantages to serve us, and with the miniaturization of electronic products, THT can not adapt to the process requirements of products. Therefore, SMT is the development trend of electronic assembly technology. Its performance includes:
1. The pursuit of miniaturization of electronic products makes the previously used perforated plug-in components unable to meet its requirements.
2. Electronic products have more complete functions. Due to their powerful functions and numerous pins, the integrated circuits (ICs) used can no longer be made into traditional perforated components, especially large-scale and highly integrated ICs, which have to use surface mount components. Package.
3. With mass production of products and automation of production, the factory must produce high-quality products with low cost and high output to meet customer needs and strengthen market competitiveness.
4. The development of electronic components, the development of integrated circuits (IC), and the multiple applications of semiconductor materials.
5. High performance of electronic products and higher assembly precision requirements.
6. The revolution of electronic technology is imperative and follow the international trend.
III. Technical composition related to SMT
SMT developed from the 1970s to the widely used electronic assembly technology in the 1990s. Due to its involvement in multi-disciplinary fields, its development was relatively slow at the beginning. With the coordinated development of various disciplines, SMT was rapidly developed and popularized in the 1990s. It is expected that SMT will become the mainstream of electronic assembly technology in the 21st century. The following are SMT related disciplines and technologies.
· Design and manufacturing technology of electronic components and integrated circuits
· Circuit design technology of electronic products
· Circuit board manufacturing technology
· Design and manufacturing technology of automatic placement equipment
· Circuit assembly manufacturing process technology
· Development and production technology of auxiliary materials used in assembly manufacturing